Did you know that you can give your team and accountant access to your QuickBooks Online company file with controlled permissions?
That's right, in QuickBooks Online, you can add users for reports and time tracking only without jeopardizing your financial data and without paying for an additional license. Use this step-by-step guide to add users in QuickBooks Online.
1. Log into QuickBooks Online.
2. Navigate to the Gear icon, and click on Manage Users under the Company section.
3. Click the New button to add a new user.
4. Choose the type of user you want to setup then click Next.
Regular or custom user gives you more flexibility to designate specific areas of QuickBooks Online the individual can access. This option is best for your accounts receivable and accounts payable teams. This user type counts towards your QuickBooks Online user limit.
Reports only user is best for giving your management team access to your financial data without the ability to edit the data. This user doesn't count toward your QuickBooks Online user limit.
5. Select the user's access rights then click Next.
6. Enter the user's email address and name, then click Next.
7. Click Finish and you are done. The user will receive an email that contains a link to sign into your company file and be asked to create a user ID before signing in the first time unless the user already has an account with QuickBooks Online.
As the admin of the company, you will be able to see the status of the invite on the Manage Users page as invited or active.
Contact us for more QuickBooks Online help or to schedule a private one-on-one QuickBooks training session with me.